Monday, September 14, 2009

6 Months Old!!!!!

::sob:: My beautiful, gorgeous, amazing little girl turned 6 months on Saturday. I can't believe she's been here for 6 months already, and furthermore, I can't believe that I've been a mom for 6 months. I remember laying in the hospital bed holding her on the day she was born and thinking that I loved her so much I could explode. I love her even more now. She really is the sweetest and most fun baby on earth, and I am in amazement every day that I get to be her mom.

We went to the doctor today and she is doing great! She's in the 15th percentile for weight now at 14 lbs 3 oz, up from the 10th percentile at her last visit. She is in the 74th percentile for height now! Elliot did great at the visit, right up the vaccinations. She got her flu shot today, so that made a total of 6 vaccines- 1 oral and 5 injections. Poor baby :( She usually does fine with the oral vaccine, but she wasn't having it today. She screamed and screamed, and finally decided to hold her breath. Usually it doesn't get to that point until they start the shots. She continued holding her breath during the shots, which she usually does, but this time she held it for so long that she turned gray. Even the nurse blowing in her face didn't make her exhale. Luckily, our nurse today was quick with the shots, so it was over fast. By the time we got back into the waiting room to book our next appointment I had my happy little girl back.

We celebrated her 6 month birthday by going to the place every 6 month old dreams of.....the Spinach Festival!!!! (Hey, we live in Kansas. This is exciting stuff for us.) Matt and I were happy because there was delicious spinach artichoke pizza, and E was happy because there was a swingset. Everybody wins at Spinach Fest!

I'm at the Spinach Festival. Woohoo.







And these are just outtakes from our 6 month photo shoot that were too cute not to post.






1 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

Meg, these are absolutely the cutest pictures of Elliot...I just love the second one from the bottom where she's looking at her Teddy bear..that's too precious!
Secondly, I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the bubble bath..that was so sweet of you! I seriously cannot wait to use it!

Post a Comment