Sunday, October 25, 2009

"I loooooove being annointed!"

Those were our priest's words (speaking for Elliot) at her baptism today. I have been stressed all week, hoping that she would make it through the ceremony without freaking out. She does not like to be in one place for long periods of time, so sitting on Mommy's lap for half an hour is pretty much torture for her. But wow, this kid was seriously delighted by all of it. She made a brief attempt to escape after the second pouring of water, but she was quickly wrangled back into submission for the third. She was so, so good! Since Matt and I were occupied during most of the ceremony, our family has most of the pictures. They haven't sent them to me yet, but Matt's stepdad did steal my camera out of my bag at some point, and got a few pictures. I'm hoping someone else got a better shot of her dress. My grandma bought it 47 years ago for my oldest sister and the three of us all wore it. I was so, so excited that E got to wear it as well.

Our family

You get an idea of how many cameras there were when you realize that we are all looking in different directions.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey! Love her dress. Please post more photos when you get them. I love that she knew exactly what camera to look at. Can't wait until Wednesday! Do you think that E fancies going shopping?

Meg said...

E *always* fancies going shopping, and I happen to be in the market for new boots. It's on!

Post a Comment