Today I took Elliot to her very first story time at the library. I expected her to be all over the place and hard to control, but no! My wiggly, squirmy, crazy baby sat quietly on my lap for 20 minutes and listened intently. It was amazing! I think she was too interested in the older kids (baby story time is for 0-2 year olds) to realize that she wasn't able to go explore. I'm so excited that she liked it. When I was little, my mom would take me to the library 2-3 times a week, and I had so much fun there. To this day, I still love books, and it's very important to me to pass that on to E.
Speaking of books, it looks like I'm going to have to give in to Twilight-mania. I had absolutely no interest in these books until all the teenage hysteria started, and at that point it increased only to mild curiosity. However, I have an online mama friend who needs a girl date to the New Moon premiere, so I'm taking one for the team and jumping on the bandwagon. I have 23 days to read both Twilight and New Moon and to watch the first movie. I am now on a mission to find the first book at the library, but it's looking grim. According to the online catalogue, there is only one copy currently available in the entire metro area! I'm going to attempt to get it tomorrow, but only if I don't have to fight a 12 year old for it.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I have all the Twilight books. I got sucked into it right after Eli was born. You are welcome to borrow them. I will have to get them from my Mom's house this weekend.
Post a Comment