Saturday, June 27, 2009

LOTS of pictures

It's been a few days since I last updated, so I've got quite a few pictures to share. I've probably taken several hundred (yes, seriously), but I'll cut it down to just the cutest ones. I'd let you all know what we've been doing, but we haven't been up to much in the last few days. I had my first birthday as a mom, and Matt and Elliot are taking me shopping tomorrow.

The feeding thing is going okay, I think. We went to see a lactation consultant, and we think we've got Elliot's issues under control, but we will find out for sure when she goes to the doctor to get weighed on Monday. If she's gained well, then that's great and we'll just keep doing what we're doing now. If she hasn't, I think things are going to have to change a little. I really want my baby to be exclusively breastfed, because I truly believe that that is what's best for her, but obviously if she's not eating enough then that's not good for her. I

I've decided that if she is still not gaining well that I am going to begin exclusively pumping until she is six months old. I know it will be a giant pain, but I want her to have breastmilk, and I NEED to know that she's getting enough food. The thing I dislike most about breastfeeding is not knowing how much she is eating, so by giving her bottles I will be able to keep track of that. At six months, I will reevaluate how I feel about pumping. I expect that I will not be a big fan of it. In that case, we have decided to introduce formula at that point for some of her feedings. If we do start formula, my goal is for her to still get some breastmilk every day for her first year. Hopefully when we go to the doctor she will have gained well and I won't have to put this plan into action, but I've thought about it a lot, and I'm comfortable with it, and if we do have to do it I know it will be okay. And hey, if I start formula, then Matt and I can take turns doing the night feeding. See, there's always a silver lining!



WOW, that was long. If you made it through that whole thing, congratulations, and here's your reward...super cute pictures!!!!

Nom nom nom, yummy tie!

With my baby, on my birthday

They all look very uninterested in being photographed


Practicing her gang signs

I have no words. This was just too cute not to post.

This is both adorable and frightening at the same time.

Roy prefers a more dignified pose than his brother.

There's a lamb on my head!

All ready to swim again.

I anticipate more glares like this during the teenage years.

I look naked. The turtle head covers up the swimsuit.

Proof that I am not naked.

In the pool with Daddy.

Proving to Daddy that Mommy was right. She does like her turtle pool.

1 comments:

chae said...

Having kids is great because it give you an excuse to do things like play in the turtle pool yourself. Now, if you tried to do this before E, people would've been concerned.

Post a Comment