Elliot is now the proud owner of her very own baby scale. While I thought that this purchase would help ease my mind about her weight gain and food intake, it has done the opposite. It informs me that my daughter is only eating 2 ounces when she nurses, as opposed to the 4 ounces that she readily takes from a bottle. My solution to this (for now) is to give her a 2 ounce bottle after every feeding to ensure that she gets enough food in her. Now I am beginning the whole breastfeeding/formula debate all over again. Obviously breastmilk is better than formula, but on the other hand, a full serving of formula is better than a 1/2 serving of breastmilk, no? I'm not sure right now what we're going to do. I can keep nursing and supplementing with breastmilk, but it's a lot of work to nurse her, give her a bottle, and then pump to make sure I have enough to give her in her next bottle. I could supplement with formula instead, but that will make my supply go down and probably eliminate the possibility of working our way back to exclusive breastfeeding. Or I could just switch her to formula. Honestly, I feel like formula is probably the way to go at this point, but I just can't do it yet. Maybe over time the idea will easier for me, but I'm just not ready now. Ugh.
I have yet to come up with a name for this little guy. Any suggestions?

>

We also had a successful unswaddled night last night. We took a chance and tried it out, and it worked! Because she's not all wrapped up anymore, she has to wear pajamas to bed instead of her usual white onesie/swaddle combo. This is both adorable and sad. As Matt said, "Babies don't wear jammies. Babies wear onesies!" Here is my adorable little jammie girl waking up this morning.
1 comments:
Wow... I kinda want to cry now. My little girl is growing up too much.
Post a Comment