So if you're ever feeling lonely or unnoticed, feel free to come on over, borrow my baby and moby, and go do my grocery shopping. You'll be an instant celebrity.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
If you're ever feeling the need for a little attention...
...then find a baby, put it in a moby wrap, and take it to Sam's Club. It takes me FOREVER to get through that store, even though I usually only buy 5 items or less. I am stopped about every 5 minutes and asked about the baby, how old she is, and what that thing I'm wearing her in is. Even after checking out, I have to wait for the man who checks the receipts to draw a picture on the back of it for Elliot. I find this very sweet, but slightly ridiculous, since she is not even 4 m onths old and would much rather eat the paper than look at it. Older women are particularly fascinated by the moby. One time, the manager even made me turn around so she could inspect the type of fabric and how it was tied. If I'm asked where I got it, the conversation grows even longer, as I am forced to admit that I made it myself. People are far too impressed by this fact, even though I willingly admit that I was only able to make it because there was absolutely no sewing involved. Actually, all you have to do is cut a really long piece of fabric in half lengthwise. I've been told that I should make and sell them, but I fear that people would see how simple it is to make and feel ripped off. I know I would.
So if you're ever feeling lonely or unnoticed, feel free to come on over, borrow my baby and moby, and go do my grocery shopping. You'll be an instant celebrity.



So if you're ever feeling lonely or unnoticed, feel free to come on over, borrow my baby and moby, and go do my grocery shopping. You'll be an instant celebrity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have the same "problem" only Eli prefers the Baby Bjoirn (sp?)so I don't get people asking about the carrier. My problem is, no matter how much blue I dress him in, people still ask how old my little girl is. When I reveal that he is a boy, I get, "oh he's just so pretty." I assume that is a compliment...
But with that much hair, people should realize that he is a boy. If he were a girl there would be no end to the possible hairstyles and accessories.
oh, did I not mention I have him in pigtails? But still, they are tied with blue ribbon!! :)
Post a Comment